Announcing the 4th Annual B-Strong Walk, April 26, 2015:
Supporting brain tumour research.
2015 marks the 10th anniversary of B-Strong and when Lindsay started this initiative to help others. To date with your kind help B-Strong has raised over $855K for the brain tumour research. Our goal for 2105 is to surpass $1M so your help is more important than ever.
April 26 we will be hosting the fourth B-Strong Walk at the Markham Museum at Markham Rd & 16th Avenue (north west corner) starting at noon. The third B-Strong Walk was an overwhelming success, thanks to the support of many of you, our sponsors, donors and participants. It was our most successful to date raising over $114K. The intent again for the day is to bring families and the community together to increase awareness of brain tumour research, while raising money to end this disease.
For more information about the day, how to participate as an individual, to create your own team or to support any participant please follow this link. If you are in a position to be a sponsor or to donate something for the event, please email. firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to seeing you. Meet Tom Brown from CTV.
Your support is most appreciated. The top student and adult fundraisers will win a prize. Proceeds will be donated to Princess Margaret Hospital Foundation. Every little bit helps.
The Town of Markham Announced in 2011:
We are delighted to announce that the Town of Markham Council unanimously approved the proclamation that April 22 be named B-Strong Day. Approximately 1 year prior a close friend of Lindsay’s came up with this great idea. The intent was not only to increase awareness but more importantly to take action to help others that day. Since Lindsay was always about doing something for other people, we put together a list of suggested actions to assist others not as fortunate or facing challenges.
Possibilities for B-Strong Day :
- Contact a friend who is ill, just to ask how they are.
- Contact someone you haven’t spoken to in a while just to ask how they are.
- Drive someone to a doctor’s appointment.
- Buy a Lindsay Bear or B-Strong cap and give it to someone facing any sort of challenge.
- Buy a Lindsay Bear or B-Strong cap and drop it by a hospital to be given to a young patient.
- Make a donation to The B-Strong Fund to help those fighting brain tumours.
- Contact any non-profit organization to see what you can to do help them.
- Since it is also Earth Day, consider planting a tree, bush or flower in memory of someone.
There are times in life when one is faced with unpredictable challenges. In my case, it was a brain tumour. Challenges like these test one’s strength and courage, but most of all they test how one accepts and deals with these. The only way to deal with these is in a positive way. This experience has totally made me realize that with the right attitude and support, you can truly find a positive view for anything. Lindsay Bolger, 2005